Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Musician and the Magician chapter 5 part 3

I DO OWN THIS.

"Do you two want to come to my house for dinner tonight?"
Logan looked at me and Kari as we walked home from school. Kari looked like she was going to burst with joy.
I shrugged. "I'll have to call my Mum"
"Okay, I'll wait."
I walked over to the corner and yanked out my phone. "Hi, Mum."
"Darcy?"
"Mum, can me and Kari go to Logan's house for dinner tonight?"
"Well-"
"You know him, you like him, you trust me and Kari, you love his family-"
"Okay! Okay!" I heard my Mum laugh.
I smiled. "Thanks Mummy."
"Love you sweetheart."
"Love you too. I'll be home before ten."
I hung up and looked over to where Logan and Kari were engaged in converation.
"I love capsicum." He was saying.
"Bleah, I hate it. It's my least favourite vegetable."
"Technically it's not a vegetable." I said, sauntering up.
"What?" They both looked at me.
"A capsicum is a fruit."
Logan snorted. "No it is not."'
"Is too."
"Is not."
"Is too."
"Is no-"
"Okay!" Kari yelled. She looked at me. "Did your Mum say you could come?"
I nodded. "Cool!" Logan grinned. "Then, let's get going!"
Kari groaned. "I hate having to stay in my school uniform."
"You don't have to come." I pointed out. She blinked at me, obviously thinking that I had experienced some sort of of stroke to even think that she wouldn't come.
I sighed.
Her infatuation with him hadn't at all faded over the last three months.
She broke her gaze with me and said chipperly, "Let's go!"
We all smiled at each other as we walked away, Kari in the lead. Logan leaned over to me one last time to say, "Is not."
"Is too."
"Bet you five bucks."
"You're on."

No comments:

Post a Comment