Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Musician and the Magician chapter 6 part 1

The Musician and the Magician chapter six.

I DO OWN THIS.

"Mum, I'm home! And I come with guests!"
Logan's Mum came in, wiping her hands on a tea towel. "Oh, hello girls!"
"Hi Mrs. Hawk."
"Hi beautiful. How are you?"
"We're good." Kari said, leaning against the wall. I jumped up on to a table and sat there.
"I'm guessing my son had invited you both to dinner?"
"You guessed right. That's okay isn't it?" I asked.
"Of course! Now, I have to get dinner ready, so kiss." She said to Logan. He leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "And I must bid you goodbye for now."
She walked out just as Logan's eight and eleven year old brothers ran in.
I jumped off the table. "Hi!" I said, hugging Connor, the baby of the family. I tried to hug Jonathon, but he dodged my affections, only to be caught by Logan's open arms.
"How're you doing squirt?" Logan said lovingly to his little brother.
"Get off me!" He grunted, squrming out of Logan's grasp. I giggled as he sent an admiring glance to Kari to see if she had noticed how manly he was, avoiding any physical touch.
Logan grinned at me. "Okay, the house is still a bit of a mess, so how about we go outside?"
I shrugged. "Sounds good to me." Kari nodded.
We headed to the garden, Connor and Jono tagging along.
"Who invited you?" Logan said, turning to his younger brothers.
Connor gave a cheeky grin while Jono shrugged.
"What's with all the noise?" A voice complained. I looked up as Danny, the only other Hawk brother walked over to our group.
I looked at the four brothers. They all looked similar, with honey blonde, almost brown hair, and deep blue eyes. He smiled at me and Kari. "Hi Kari. Hi Darc." He then turned, ever so slightly towards Logan and gave him a knowing smile before turning back to me. At age fourteen, Danny was very interested with matters of the heart, and was convinced that Logan was going to marry me.
Logan rolled his eyes at me.
I smiled at Danny. "What's going on Dan?"
He shrugged. "Nothing much. Got drama tommorow, so that'll be fun."
"Man." Kari said. "I wish I homeschooled. No uniforms!"
"That's only one of the perks." Danny grinned.
"Yeah." Jono said, tilting his head towards Kari. Connor just smiled.
Logan groaned. "Man, I envy you three. Homeschooling is so awesome."
"I happen to think our school is okay." I protested. "But I do agree that homeschooling seems more fun."
"Oh, it is!" Connor laughed. We talked for ages untill Jennifer called us for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment